This blog is solely the responsibility of Rebecca Hartog and does not reflect the views of Peace Corps.

Monday, January 21, 2008

goats=tv?

Continuing with more animal fun. The phrase "wild goose chase" has new meaning for me. Except instead of a goose, it's a goat. I was reading in my salon when I saw a goat whiz by in my front yard, a man quick on its heels. the goat was braying something fierce as the man ran after it, circling my house. every now and again, he thought he was close enough to stop the goat by stomping on the rope tied around its neck so he'd make a leaping stomp. Once I even saw him make a full-on dive, arm extended to catch the rope. The neighbors and I, watching, cracked up as he landed, empty-handed. This is better than TV, I kept chuckling to myself.

But it was short-lived. I just saw him carrying the goat behind his back towards the mayor's house, finally caught (though I didn't actually see the moment of capture). Those crazy goats.

No comments: