This blog is solely the responsibility of Rebecca Hartog and does not reflect the views of Peace Corps.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Some pictures

Another note about my blog. You can ignore the post date – the REAL date is when I write the blog in the comfort of my own little home. The post date is simply when I finally got my ass in gear to a cyber-café to post the entry. I opted to post some photos this time around because I haven’t yet done that, and I bet people are already sick of reading my meandering and often boring thoughts on life here. Pictures are far more digestable. So here we go:


The skies in Cameroon are quite different from the US. Maybe it’s because there’s less electricity, pollution, etc etc, so there’s less distortion, but the clouds sometimes do crazy (read: fantastic) things. Like this day, when the sky literally turned completely orange-pink right around sunset, and I felt like I was enveloped in a giant peep. What was remarkable was just how pervasive this pink-orange glow was. It made the air feel different. It was pretty dope.





Did I mention that where I currently live is gorgeous? I don’t think I have, but it is.










This was supposed to be a photo of this gorgeous view just around the corner from my house, but it didn’t quite come out as I had hoped. Bangangte is quite hilly, so there’s an awesome view of something around just about every corner. This one’s nice because it’s so close to home.


I would love to post more photos, but it took about an hour to do just these three, in this tiny small format, so I think this will have to suffice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This really looks beautiful. Hope you can enjoy the scenery.